Bad dealer experiance.

ckb1075

Man, I should've never done business with this guy to start. I know this probably isn't the best way to actively come into the communtiy, but I am so steamed right now words can't quite describe. Anyway, there is only one dealer within acceptable driving distance (although now I may make an exception) from where I live. I went in because I really wanted to purchase a pair of RB-75s to start out my first high quality surround system. After about two hours of critical listening I try to barter with him a little and he tells me that Klipsch has a very stringent price policy, no bartering allowed... Fine I though so I purchased the set and they ordered it from Klipsch. Then I happened to come across this forum and found out that indeed dealers do barter on these things which really chapped my caboose #1.

Anyway, I unpacked the amplifier a day or two later (we recently moved to the area) and plugged it in to make sure it still functions. Whaddya know, it doesn't power up. So now I have to purchase an amplifier and with a $1200 speaker purchase that isn't exactly in the cards. Add to that the fact that the speakers essentially become a huge and heavy paperweight without an amp so I begin to get a little frustrated. Basically the end result is that I called back and tried to explain my situation and got the response of (and I quote) "Klipsch doesn't allow returns." Now this I know is complete bullcrap (but correct me if I'm wrong). So now basically I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.15.gif

Sorry for the long rant but as you can imagine, I'm somewhat steamed right now. Thanks to all of those who took the time to read this.

I would drive to the dealer and ask them in person to make a refund. If they give you crap, then ask to talk to the manager and explain to him the experience you had. If that goes nowhere, then ask to speak to the store owner and keep working your way up. Make sure that you make it known that you plan on purchasing an amp as well (they will probably be more easy going). At the same time, you could try contacting Klipsch and let them know your experience and have them help you out. Klipsch customer service is very excellent and they've stepped in and helped out in the past. Just make sure that you are civil and even tempered when dealing with the dealer; pissing someone off just makes it harder for you.

It's also important to note that the company isn't required to barter. I know Klipsch is very picky about their dealers and the prices they let things go for, so perhaps the employee was a bit misled by this. It sounds to me like you're running into a lot of uneducated employees.

http://www.klipsch.com/customerservice/index.aspx

Unfortunately the person I was dealing with throughout the whole ordeal was the store owner... And as far as purchasing an amp, I really can't because they don't carry Rotel (I've been drooling over those for quite some time now). *sigh* I'm really beginning to regret dealing with this place

ckb, Take a deep breath, write down everything that happened in the transaction. Time, date, place and Dealers address and Phone #. Clearly explain what transpired.

Good Luck to you!

Try these links for assistance!

Klipsch Home Audio Customer Service

Toll Free: 1-800-KLIPSCH (1-800-554-7724)

Mon - Fri, 8AM - 5PM EST

Email: support@klipsch.com

I don't understand the problem. You bought speakers. They work. You decided you paid too much. You decided you want to take them back and apparently buy them somewhere else cheaper. The dealer says no. Where is the problem? You entered into a contract to purchase the speakers. You fullfilled your end by paying. The dealer fullfilled his end by delivering the speakers. End of story. Did you bother to check the dealer's return policy?

Store policies:

Dealer's are required to post policies Regarding:

Returns: with or without a receipt

ANY re-stocking charges for returns

Return Policies regarding custom orders Plus any re-stocking fees

No Retuns Policies

All must legible, posted in plain sight

I forwarded your post to Klipsch.

Call 1-800-klipsch along with e-mailing www.support@Klipsch.com for any explanation of return policy.

Contact your State Attorney General, Consumer Section for any advice and a Complaint Form.

But after receiving an answer from Klipsch, if it opposite what you were told, go to the dealer and tactfully explain the situation.

Make no threats, do not raise your voice, keep arms at sides, hands open. Take a witness that is nowhere near the owner.

With returns, special orders may not be returned - dealer discretion.

A good question is what if you buy a pair say near your Birthday and a relative also buys you a pair.

You're stuck with both?

Check your State Law first.

I am not an Attorney this is not legal advice. It is experience.

dodger

Welcome to the Forum.

----------------

On 1/18/2005 10:15:54 AM Amy Unger wrote:

You can always give us a call to discuss the situation.

----------------

That is Customer Service and caring about your Clients.

Also shows caring about dealer treatment of Customers.

Thank you Amy.

dodger