powered sub problem

dallenwake

----------------

On 1/16/2005 6:57:58 PM dallenwake wrote:

I just puchased an MTX 12" subwoofer. once i hooked it all up i did the automatic speaker setup on my onkyo reciever and when it was finished the setup said that I had no subwoofer connected. please let me know what the problem is.

Thanks

Dom

----------------

Which model receiver? What outputs are you using? What inputs are you using? What speaker settings? Sub settings? Processors? Crossovers? Bass management? etc etc etc.????? no input = no output 2.gif

i am using an Onkyo tx-sr602. it is a 7.1 a/v surround sound reciever. it has 85 watts per channel. i used the line level input on the sub and connected it to the subwoofer output on my reciever. my front speakers are floorstanding 3-way loudspeakers with a 12" sub in each along with a 6-1/2 mid and hornloaded tweeter. i am also using a rc-25 klipsch center channel. i have not set any settings the speaker setup was supposed to do that but it said i had no sub connected. i set my crossover for my stereo at 100 Hz. it is set at 110 Hz on my sub. also i only have one front speaker hooked up because the left one is getting repaired. thats all i know

thanks

If I understand you correctly, the receiver picked the speaker size automatically? If this is the case, you should be able to go in and manually select speaker sizes and if you have a sub or not. You should be able to choose if you want the ft speakers (if set to large) to play bass with the sub or the sub to handle all the bass exclusively (recomended). I'm sorry I'm not familiar with your particular receiver or I would tell you where to go in your set-up menu. Your owners manual should help there.