Fixing a spot?

christjared

I have had my KG4's for about 4-5 months now. When I purchased them from the buyer I knew of this black spot on top of one speaker. It almost looks burnt into the wood. I oiled my speakers today and the burnt spot didnt really come out. How would I go about fixing this situation? Also one of the speaker stands was broke off. How would that be fixed? I have access to a wood shop this summer and I hope these problems can be fixed. Thanks for the help.

JC

Guest Anonymous

----------------

On 1/17/2005 6:23:51 PM christjared wrote:

I have had my KG4's for about 4-5 months now. When I purchased them from the buyer I knew of this black spot on top of one speaker. It almost looks burnt into the wood. I oiled my speakers today and the burnt spot didnt really come out. How would I go about fixing this situation? Also one of the speaker stands was broke off. How would that be fixed? I have access to a wood shop this summer and I hope these problems can be fixed. Thanks for the help.

JC

----------------

well your best bet, those are real wood vineers right?, would be to take a palm sander and lightly sand all of the finish off completely so you have just straight up wood vineer, this is risky because if you over sand you are really out of luck then, but i have done it before on a pair of old missions and a buddy has done them to a pair of kg2s, then you re-stain them with whatever color you desire, i like to keep them to manufacturers spec, and then put a nice satin/gloss clear coat on them. As far as the stand goes it depends where it broke, if it is mdf you can replace it, or you can creat a brace around it (which looks a little tacky) but remember with mdf you hahve to pre-drill everything but even then its risky! If you have pictures of where its broke i am sure i could give better advice or if someone has had a similiar situation they may be able to tell you how about fixing that

I recently bought a pair of oak lacquered Heresys and one of them had about a half inch long cigarette burn on the top. A few minutes of rubbing with your basic #2 pencil eraser and it is virtually unnoticable. Pencil erasers are also good for cleaning or burnishing electrical contacts, especially the european style fuse holders. Worth a try anyway.

James