Best value in new SS amplifiers (just stand alone amp)

kenratboy

ROTEL: IF BUYING NEW AND UNDER $1000.00 M.S.R.P.

Over achiever for the MONEY, very well built for the MONEY, many features for the MONEY, good parts choices for the MONEY, can't say with regard to their A/V or multi-channel lineup, but their 2-channel gear is very serviceable, decent boards and layout, sound quality is good to very, very good depending on model, for the MONEY. Transformers are good quality, for the MONEY.

I own two older Rotel products, one of which is the RA-970BX, which I use as a back-up for my tube integrated when we set up the Christmas tree as the tubes normally occupy a spot on the floor too close to the tree's site for comfort.

Certainly not THE last word, but hard to beat in the $1000.00 and under NEW M.S.R.P. For what it's worth, B&W often demos their accessible lines with Rotel stuff. B&W, certainly not the easiest load in the world, and who would obviously have an interest at stake. Rotel also seems to be honest and relatively conservative with their power claims.

Regards,

Analogman

Hello again,

I have a friend that uses a current model Harman/Kardon A/V integrated amp which sounds very well. I can not speak to particulars or to build quality, but it does sound well. Seems a lot of people feel the same way, for what THAT'S worth.

As always,

Analogman

----------------

On 1/19/2005 5:51:25 AM silversport wrote:

What about the Outlaw Audio amps??? I am new to all this and would like to know what your thoughts are, those of you with superior amps and more money than I (...and I bet that's a lot, here.)

Seriously, any help would be appreciated.

7100?...755?...

Bill

----------------

Don't lose sight of the fact that HIGH PRICE does NOT guarantee HIGH PERFORMANCE. They are OFTEN mutually exclusive. Never tender apology for what makes YOUR ears HAPPY.

Respectfully,

Analogman

The new Anthem Statement 2 channel or 5 channel amps are absolutely killer. 325W per channel paired up with RF7's will have your head spinning. Smoother than a Bryston SST and totally non fatiguing. Cost is approx. 1K per channel. Check out the reviews these tanks are getting, nothing short of incredible.