Is it worth it?

Ghostkid

I've recently upgraded my receiver that I've had for ten years. It was a analog 5.1 mono rear sorround sound to a Yamaha 5740 reciever. I got the receiver for a very good deal. It came with a yamaha speaker package too, all for around $310.00. Normal price is 499.00 for the set. I got best buy to make me a deal! Now the speakers are okay, for now but I'm not satisfied with them, because I really want Klipsch. I've never owned and yet. I've found a good deal on a 5.1 set. or what I think is a good deal. My room is 16x15 and I've a sub, but will be adding another later. Here is the set and let me know it you think it's worth the money to start my Klipsch obession.

Klipsch SB1 (2)

Klipsch SC-1 (1)

Klipsch SS.5 (2)

Infinity PS-8 all for $578.47

I'm hoping to see if they'll drop the sub and give me just the Klipsch speakers for $329.47.

Do you think that's a good deal and do you think I would be happy for say a few years with those speakers. I used to listen to them at best buy all the time before they were replaced. I can always move the speakers to another room in the future. When I'm ready for the big boys.

Looks like a good deal to me. You may also want to check out vanns.com, they have a clearance sale on all their Klipsch speakers and they are an authorized dealer. At least you could compare the Best Buy price to their price. Why would you drop the sub?

I would say it's well worth it. Any Klipsch speakers are better than most HTIB stuff, little sattelites just can't handle it. I owned a Polk sattelite setup in my very first HT setup, man I thought it was pretty good, then I heard some Synergy line stuff, and was floored! Then I heard the reference line and the next day I boxed up that Polk stuff, returned it and went and got the Klipsch setup. LEAPS AND BOUNDS over that Polk setup, so I would recommend you go for it, dump that sub they are offering you, get a better one, whatever fits in your budget, there's a LOT of options out there! You will be amazed at the difference in soundstage, detail, etc.

I remember seeing a statement on their site. I do know they are an official Sony dealer and Infinity Speaker dealer (as stated on the Infinity site). I assume they also have a showroom.

Edit: I checked their site, they are not an authorized dealer for Klipsch. They are for a lot of other companies like HK, Yamaha, Onkyo, Bose, JBL.

I went into a local Ovation store in town and they said the will match or do better, if I find the deals anywhere else. So, I'm going to look to maybe ungrade to SF-1's and SS-1's, if they can give me a deal. Wouldn't have to wait for shipping either. I also found out that best buy will match online prices too!