New HT setup feedback

Alex T.

I was thinking about this, what do you guys think?

Denon 2105

Klipsch RB-75s for fronts

Klipsch RB-35s for rear

Klipsch RC-7 center

Dayton Titanic MKIII 15" Sub

Haven't decided on TV yet. I know it will be a 56" for sure in regards to size. New Samsung DLPs interest me so far.

Alex,

I think that Denon and Klipsch blend well together. Your selection of speakers is great, and I am impressed that your building your own sub! way to go! Remember - If it sounds good to you- thats all that counts! Good Luck

Post Pictures when you can..........

EDIT:

CNET editors' preview

Reviewed September 15, 2004

The Denon AVR-2105 ($649 list) is the step-down version of the AVR-2805. Both are 7.1-channel receivers with similar features, but there are some notable differences. The AVR-2105's 90-watt by 7-channel power rating is slightly below the 100-watt-per-channel output of the 2805. The 2105's connectivity options aren't as extensive as the 2805's: it has one coaxial input, four optical inputs, one optical output, eight stereo audio-only inputs, five composite-video inputs, and five S-Video inputs. Other major differences from the 2805 include its lack of audio signal (lip-synch) delay, no discrete second zone composite-video output, no detachable power cord, and a nonbacklit remote. Please refer to the AVR-2805 review for more information.

CNET editor's take

I have the 1803 and it is far from lacking in any regard with my less than efficient Marantz 940's. I would characterize the denon sound by being a little on the dry side as opposed to being very warm or bright sounding. The dynamics are definetly there and the only time I could notice the amp straining was at 110+ dB in a fairly open room.