LG Electronics

ct1615

Anyone have experience with LG? I know they make cell phones and started to make LCD TV's but I saw they have single disc DVD players now. The player I saw looked cool but I just wonder if it works well. The player was not cheap, $179 with HDMI connection and SACD playback.

Guest Anonymous

lg is actually the largest manufacturer, sold and bought electronics company outside of the U.S. and Japan. you practically trip over lg products in europe. As far as that dvd player goes that is pretty cheap for a dvd player with hdmi, but i am not familiar with it....

LG stands for 'Lucky Goldstar.' They used to make very low end products for the KMart and Walgreen's of this world under the 'Goldstar' brand. Now they are making $3000+ DLP RPTV's, LCD TV's and so on. They are a huge Korean manufacturer. They also distribute their TV's under the Zenith brand.

Don't know if I'd spend that much on one of theirs instead of a Sony but for a <$200 player I might take the plunge.

----------------

On 1/27/2005 4:39:00 PM ct1615 wrote:

I believe you are right and they are from Korea. As far as Goldstar goes, I don't know about that but I do remember Goldstar and their products never seemed to be anything special.
----------------

But if you wanted a $9.99 CD boombox for a 7 year old, they could take care of you! 3.gif