The 1000 dollar tube amp category

sprocket

The Prima Luna EL-34 got a pretty good review for a $1095 amp in this month's Stereophile magazine. The measured response was not up there with the $20,000 Lamms but not bad. They incorporate one nice feature, fuses for the output tubes instead of low watteage resistors. If a fuse blows, it's a lot easier to replace than a burned out resistor which singed the PC board. (right Dean?)

Guy Landeau said in another post that the Prima Luna was one of the most impressive things at the recent CES.

The newest ones with the Aluminum face plates have a much nicer WAF too. IMO.

Guy is the only one I know who has heard these units.

Rick

Its nothing more then a slight variation on the Cayin TA30. Upscale Audio is a major advertiser with Stereophile so I would take the review with a grain of salt. If you read the review carefully and the tech's findings you can tell they were trying to be as kind to there advertiser as possible.

Craig

some more interesting stuff

I for the darned of me can not find these "fused outputs" on this amp. If the outputs are fused then where the heck are the fuses? It's also funny how they state premium parts and mention "Realcaps" trying to play on the "Relcap" name. The Realcaps are nothing more then a cheap metalized cap the first thing I would yank out of there.