How long to "break in a sub"

tommyboy

Any "mechanical" device has a break in time,in the case of subwoofers,the break in is very fast.As soon as the suspension and sourround material reaches normal room temp and the optimal suspension elasticity is reached the sub is ready.Those who head big gains in sound after a 100H break in have the PLACEBO virus.

We are not talking about a engine here that needs a serious break in or else may fail.As engines do perform much better after proper break in.

----------------

On 1/31/2005 3:49:44 PM Jennifer1 wrote:

what do you mean by cranking up ? Is it at the max volume? Is it dangerous to turn the sub more than the half of the volume control?

I didn't know there was a breaking time....When I hooked up mine, I tried it right away with movies...could I have damaged it?

----------------

No Jennifer you did not. In terms of set up I have the volume (gain) on

my receiver set to -2 (the range is -10 to 0) and on my RW-12 sub it's

set to 12 o'clock. Now this setting for you will be different. But this

gives you a starting point.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Jennifer, you have probably DESTROYED your sub! No, just kidding, yer just a girl, you couldn't hurt a speaker. It's these macho guys who have to prove how loud they can be that blow stuff up. Like a new car, just take it easy for a while before you try to deafen the cat, okay?

Reminds me of my favorite Jeff Foxworthy joke (you know the redneck, hillbilly talking comedian)

Q- Why to rednecks like the Fourth of July (that's our independence day for you Canadians) so much?

A- Cause it combines our two favorite activities- gettin drunk and blowin stuff up!

So, how's it sounding Jennifer?

Michael