Modern Klipschorn Review

Mr. Blorry

Well, I hope I'm not a day late and a $ short like I usually am, but...

I was pokin' around the net, and found this review http://www.stereotimes.com/Klipschorn_Speaker_System.htm of the K-Horn dated August 2001!

That's like, kinda recent, huh? From the tone of the article, it sounds like they're fairing well amidst the onslaught of modern technology, but bear in mind that the reviewer is also the owner! He's one of us!handlebar.gif

This message has been edited by Mr. Blorry on 08-15-2001 at 10:36 PM

Randy--"advances" is right my friend. Those old horn guys like Wente,Thuras,Fletcher,Olson,Lansing and Hilliard pretty well nailed the proper way to make good loudspeakers down pat in the 20s and 30s, what with the resources of MGM, Ma Bell and the Radio Corporation of America behind them. Most of the advances in loudspeakers are to direct radiators and are attempts to make bad speakers somewhat better. :-) And even the advances in compression driver and horn design are aimed at better power handling and more even audience coverage and don't give better fidelity in a home. I doubt the KHorn will ever be a functionally obsolete speaker. The Hoosier may stop making them but that's another story.

excellent review - thank you - thank you -

very nice to read how the big old horns sounded with many different types of equipment -

I will certainly bookmark this man and his site for future consideration,

particularly liked the pluses and the minus of both the horns and the equipment - isn't that what we are looking for?

------------------

big old Cornwalls, Bottlehead 2A3 Paramour tube amps, Dynaco series II tube pre-amp, Rotel CD player, KSW200 & LF10 subs