'78 K-Horn help Needed..May be a dumb Q but...

DoubleJ

JJ,

I agree completely with your assessment of the Forum and think that the rare find that this forum is on the internet, is not really a surprise, so much as one might think.

Anything that is honoring the legacy of Mr. Paul and has something of his DNA in it is going to be a way cool place.

Sure, there are days when some forum members are poor guests, but on balance this is a place of generous spirit. There are folks who really carry some freight in the knowlege base of this community who do some kind tutoring and teaching along the way. That is a rare gift indeed. Aside from that, one thing I realized when folks from 8 states were planning to show up at my house for an Arkansas gathering last year, that when they showed up people enjoyed most visiting with others. There was an impressive collection of gear that people brought along, and it was genuinely interesting to hear. It was visiting with folks sharing a common admiration for Mr. Paul that was the real highlight of the day.

----------------

On 2/9/2005 12:16:25 AM DeanG wrote:

If you don't have a meter you can use a C or D sized battery. Just tape a lead to each end of the batter and touch them to the woofer tabs (one on +, the other on - ). If the woofer doesn't push out, or pull back -- the voice coil is open. Do NOT use a 9 volt battery.

----------------

DeanG:

I did this test last night, using a "C" battery, neither woofer moved.

To double check my new HI-Tech testing gadget, I was able to get the woofer to push out and pull back on my test Cornwall.

So, this solves one mystery.

What are my options?

Thanks again, guys, for all the great advice and moral support you have given me through out this ordeal.

JJ

EDITED: Bob sells diaphrams, not voice coils. Sorry for my mistake

New K33 woofers are 129.00 each from Klipsch. I replaced a pair myself not long ago. It is not difficult. Since you heve everything open you could replace the wires and binding posts. IMO solder the wires to the woofer tabs just like it was from the factory, one less chance for bad connection.