Best receiver for 1980 Heresies

puffwar

My dad has two 1980 Klipsch Heresy speakers. He wants me to find him a new reciever for them. He has a couple of PSB speakers as surrounds and he needs A/B speakers for outdoor speakers. My dad is 65 and not great with electronics so I would like to find something easy to use. Preferably a/b instead of multiroom. He listens to alot of music so I'd like something that sounds great. I'm getting this for his 50th wedding anniversary and am willing to spend 500-1200 dollars. I have a denon 5700 but the second zone is too complicated. There's a marantz 7300 ose on ebay right now for 800. Nad and Rotel don't have a/b speakers. Any more suggestions. He is about to get the new Tivo for Direct TV if that makes a difference. Thank you. Steve

I have a Denon AVR3803 for sale. Looks and works like new. Bought it from 6AVE - authorised Denon dealer. Unit is made in Japan, excellent build quality, clean powerful sound, a host of rgeat features. Upsamples all redbook (regular CD) audio for better quality. It is a well known and well repected model. Have the original box, remote, accessories. If interested let me know by PM.

----------------

On 2/10/2005 2:40:19 AM ricktate wrote:

Im not sure if your dad wants or needs a AVR reciever...but you could get a Harman Kardon 430 the old HK430 not the new AVR one... it sounds great with Heritage has A/B switch.Just a thought.Rick

----------------

I need 6 speaker hookups. 2 for the front(heresies), 2 for the back((PSB) and 2 for outside. He doesn't have a center speaker so I may not need an avr. I like the 7 channel stereo feature and multi room and/or A/b speakers. He has adcom separates right now with only 2 speaker hookups.

----------------

On 2/10/2005 10:29:50 AM dodger wrote:

If you find a two channel receiver, you can always add a speaker Selector. Some will allow 4 sets. Niles, Adcom, there are probably others.

dodger

----------------

He wants to play all the speakers at the same time when he has parties. Doesn't hooking that many up at the same time spread the power too thin?