Receiver/Preamp/Amp Connection Question

Rob_S

I'll try to be as clear about this as I can, forgive me if I muck it up. I have a Denon 2801 5-ch. receiver(w/ preouts), an Adcom 2-ch. amp, an Onkyo 2-ch. preamp, and (maybe)an Acurus 3-ch. amp.

I'd like to hook all this up through a switchbox as follows:

Onkyo L & R outputs to switchbox for stereo;

Denon FL & FR preouts to switchbox for home theatre;

Switchbox output to Acurus amp;

Denon CC preput to Acurus amp for home theatre;

Denon RR & RL to Adcom amp for home theatre;

The assumption is that the Acurus amp will just ignore the CC when the switchbox is set to receive the stereo signal from the Onkyo preamp. Yes? No? My efforts at a clear explanation have failed miserably? Smile.gif

Thanks.

This message has been edited by Rob_S on 08-17-2001 at 06:45 PM

Hi Rob - Creative! I don't see why the Acurus will ignore the 3rd channel when the switch box is set to the Onkyo Preamp. You'll have the CC connected directly from the Denon to the amp, without going through the switch, so the amp will see the signal (assuming the Denon is sending one). If you have the Denon off, or in stereo mode so there is no CC signal, there will be nothing for the amp to "amp." Smile.gif

DD

Doug -

Thanks much for the response and point taken if the Denon is anything other than off or in stereo. Now, if I could just find a great A/V preamp that didn't cost a hundred and sixty billion dollars, I wouldn't have to be so creative. Wink.gif