Anyone else have this problem....

Lutz

Years back i bought Klipsch KG 5.5, after about 2 years of use the dustcap cover started coming lose from one of the woofers and made unpleasant sounds...now i have KLF 30's and sure enuff after bout 3 years use the exact same thing is happening....just wonderin if comman problem with Klipsch, i love the sound but that kinda bugs me.

Sorry to hear of your bad luck with these speakers. I don't think that problem is especially common among Klipsch speakers.

There are some folks here on the forum who should be able to help you to diagnose and repair the problem though. Might not require a whole new woofer.

Well i gave my father the 5.5 and he said the dustcover doesnt really have anything to do with the sound so he carefully removed it, looks ugly when grill isnt on but it does seem to sound good, i just hate the thought of messing with my 30's in any way.....if i was to try an order a replacement woofer does Klipsch sell them anyone know?

What Michael Hurd said. A large socket centered on the dust cap can weigh it down without leaving an impression/indentation while the glue sets. If it's a felt type dust cap, I'd recommend RTV or silicone rubber adhesive. Crazy glue would work for the carbon fibre (plastic look) types but not for porous materials.

Be careful, go slow, don't drip glue everywhere.

Michael

Btw, I would really refer to it as a problem either...more like wear and tear from use of the driver. Repairing the surrounds and the dust caps is a lot like changing the oil on your car. After longer periods of time, it is sometimes necessary to replace the actual diaphragm as well because it can loose it's rigidness over time and start to bend under the strain (I had a pair of pro woofers with this issue).

You can also use elmer's glue on just about anything on the speaker that you can glue back together. I've even used it on the surrounds in the past without any issues. I personally find elmer's easier to work with than krazy glue, but perhaps that's because I tend to get what I'm working with all over me 2.gif