cornwall 2+nakamichi stasis = heaven.

KungFuNat

so i recently upgraded from a pair of heresy 1s to cornwall 2s and replaced my hafler DH-220 with a nakamichi stasis pa-5. WOW what a difference! i had the cornwalls hooked up the the hafler for a coupple weeks before i got the nakamichi so i could tell exactly what each change did for my system. first and foremost the detail retreival was improved, and the soundstage was a huge improvement. adding the nakamichi took everything to the next level. detail retrieval was again stepped up another notch. soundstaging was also improved substantially. but the biggest shock was the improvement of the bass. the hafler had a tight and accurate low-end but it didnt have much oomph or slam. the nakamichi really improved the low-end power and filled out the sound. overall the difference is nothing short of amazing... im in horn heaven here. thanks to everyone on the forum for steering me in the right direction...

now i just need to get rid of my old rotel pre-amp, but for now, im more than happy.

Congrats on your Nakamichi purchase. I've always been a fan of their classic cassette decks from the '70s through the '80s (since Niro left, the company has gone in a totally different direction that doesn't appeal to me anymore). The STASIS amps have always had a great following IMO, so I can fully understand the huge improvement you're hearing with your Cornwalls now.

Maybe you can replace your ol' Rotel pre with a Nakamichi equivalent (I'm not familiar with their models, but it'd be a perfect match to your amp IMO). Or would you rather go with tubes?

In any event, enjoy!

I've listed to my forte IIs driven by my Stassis Nak TA-4A since 89. Haven't compared it to much; but I love it. Would love to hear side by side comparison to tube amps with the same pair of forte IIs.

My forteIIs are now the foundation of my HT with an SVS subwoofer to compliment. Now driven by a HK7000 AVR. Also, wonderful. My Nak now has some lowly KG1.2s; but I'm probably going to try a pair of RB75s so I'll have Heritage and Reference in the same house. Isn't this a great hobby!