RF5's vs. RF7's- Go big or go home?

JuHorvath

I am thinking about picking up a pair of RF5's but I was wondering if they really are that big of a step-up from the RF3's. I know that the RF7's are incredible, that has been established, but does everyone think that the step up from the RF5's to the RF7's is a night and day difference? It's one of those things that I don't want to be wondering "what if" 2 months after I buy them.

I would listen to them side by side, unfortunately they don't arrive at the only klipsch dealer in the state until sometime next week, and then they likely will have RF7's in one room and the RF5's in another. Maybe I can get them to see the error in their ways!Also, they don't have the receiver I plan on buying there either. I demoed the Denon 3802 and the Marantz 7200 side by side yesterday, but more on that later....

Anybody had the chance to compare the RF7's and RF5's directly?

Juan

quote:

Originally posted by JuHorvath:

I would listen to them side by side, unfortunately they don't arrive at the only klipsch dealer in the state until sometime next week, and then they likely will have RF7's in one room and the RF5's in another. Maybe I can get them to see the error in their ways!

Juan

Juan, if you can audition them and it isn't too great of an inconvenience, then I'd say by all means wait and make your own judgement. I would hope the dealer would be willing to set them up in the same room if you tell them you might easily be persuaded. Smile.gif