Oh My! Check out this 7.1 system 4 sale

SCOOTERDOG

----------------

On 2/17/2005 7:10:37 PM tkot wrote:

walnut oil with cane grills would be perfect but mrs tko

likes the look of the black "granite" and thats what sold her on the idea. my ht room is all black(except the screen
2.gif
) carpet/walls ect. also im hopeing the resale issue will help keep the price down. if i win them i would own them untill i die

----------------

You realise that I'd look like a real a$$ if you win those Klipsch... as I will have possibly criticized your speakers? If it makes you feel any better... my "D" Khorns look like a "high school woodshop" project. 2.gif

Oh... but the sound.... 4.gif

Rob

----------------

On 2/17/2005 8:34:19 PM fini wrote:

Hey! I'm a high school shop teacher, buddy!

No, I'm not. Chronic s**t disturber, though...

----------------

Dang, Fini ... You had me going there. Again 2.gif

Speaking of Klipschorn shop projects, here was my "before and after". They looked like something the cat dragged in when I first got them home. Yellowed finish, threadbear grills, cracked and missing veneer. $50 and lots of elbow grease later, they were updated and ready for a few more decades.

KCBR Half Done.jpg

Music Hall MMF-7 Turntable w/ Goldring Eroica H MC

Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CDP with 24 bit/192 KHz Upsampling

Wright Sound WPP-100C Phono Stage

JF Lessard Pantheon 6SN7 SRPP Preamp w/ RCA 5R4GY & Sylvania 6SN7

JF Lessard Horus Parafeed Cobalt 2A3 SET Monoblocks w/ Tung Sol 5687 & AVVT 2A3

1976 KCBR Klipschorns with ALK Crossovers

Gear Online: Two Channel & Home Theater Systems

post-4827-13819261813634_thumb.jpg

good one fini!

Chris, that takes a lot of discipline to refinish just ONE speaker, leaving the other pristine for the b&A photo. I plan on having 5 Corns stripped down at once. That'll be a photo for the books. How'd you treat the cane material? or did you just replace?

Michael

----------------

On 2/18/2005 10:47:01 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

good one fini!

Chris, that takes a lot of discipline to refinish just ONE speaker, leaving the other pristine for the b&A photo. I plan on having 5 Corns stripped down at once. That'll be a photo for the books. How'd you treat the cane material? or did you just replace?

Michael

----------------

Micheal,

Frankly speaking, it was my first attempt at refinishing a Klipschorn and I doubted myself. If I was going to muck up the process, I only wanted to do it to one and not to both by doing them in parallel.

The first one came out fine, so I just repeated the process for the second and they're a nice matching pair.

For the grills, I tried, at first, to remove the staples holding the old cloth down, but after five minutes of trying, I knew it was a lost cause. I was either missing the right tools or just lacked the patience, but my hands were bleeding and I thought that wasn't a positive omen.

Anyway, I took a sharp razor blade and excised the old grill cloth just inside of the staple line and removed the old cloth. I then stretched the new cloth into place and tacked it down with a power stapler just next to the old staples. I then trimmed off the excess and reassembled. I was pretty easy after a little practice.

Regrilling the Belle was much more of a challenge 9.gif

Music Hall MMF-7 Turntable w/ Goldring Eroica H MC

Njoe Tjoeb 4000 CDP with 24 bit/192 KHz Upsampling

Wright Sound WPP-100C Phono Stage

JF Lessard Pantheon 6SN7 SRPP Preamp w/ RCA 5R4GY & Sylvania 6SN7

JF Lessard Horus Parafeed Cobalt 2A3 SET Monoblocks w/ Tung Sol 5687 & AVVT 2A3

1976 KCBR Klipschorns with ALK Crossovers

Gear Online: Two Channel & Home Theater Systems