Who do I call to report a blatant SCAMM?

Ki Choi

----------------

This poor soul is also trying to scamm with a pair of B&W speakers...

And let me know what this Brian guy had replied to my inquiry about the speakers... It is sad. But for certain, someone's going to get taken.

----------------

Don't know what you mean by that last line, and I don't know why he's a poor soul when he is trying to rip people off, but this is definitely interesting.

I stuck my nose in and reported, with the URLs you provided, the posts to the site admin. Hope they catch him before he takes anyone's money, if he hasn't already.

When I did a White Page search on this guy from msn.com, he showed up with a real address and phone number in CA. I felt sad for the guy thinking he is either very naive or extremely stupid being so blatant - using real name and exposing his home address...

Maybe his aol address had been hijacked... I don't know. He replied to my inquiry regarding the $5000 B&W he is willing sell for $1700 with same photos with SN shown on expired eBay listing:

Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 07:55:03 EST

To: kichoi@alumni.duke.edu

Subject: Re: B&W N802s $1700 All headers

Hello ,

First of all i want to thank you for your interest to buy my product .

As attach you have the only pictures that i have with my items .

I want to inform you that i want to finish this deal using a 3rd party agency ( escrow

service ) because, as you know i suppose , is the safest way to finish deals on internet .

Using this service , you can verify my item 3-5 days before i receive the funds from them , because you will send those money TO THEM AND NOT TO ME and they will secure the money for you .

The item was sent to them , when i decided to sell it , so for the moment is the only way to finish this deal together .

If you are still interested to buy my product please let me know as soon as possible so we can proceed the transaction .

I want to thank you for your time .

Have a nice day

++++++++++++++++++++++

As they say, if it's too good to be true, it isn't...

Ki

----------------

On 2/18/2005 3:24:06 PM oscarsear wrote:

If you go into "my e-bay" you can access a report of potential fraud link. I did so a short while back and stopped some guy from scamming a Sony dvd unit. No, ebay didn't thank me or give ANY perks....rats.

----------------

The ebay listings were not the Scam listings. The ads on the other site were the fakes. As I mentioned above I emailed the admin for the site and he emailed back:

Hi Todd,

Thank you very much for the alert and the info, it really helps.

I have removed these scam ads from our site.

-gregg

--------------------------------------------------

----------------

On 2/18/2005 4:11:59 PM Ki Choi wrote:

I want to inform you that i want to finish this deal using a 3rd party agency ( escrow

service ) because, as you know i suppose , is the safest way to finish deals on internet .

Using this service , you can verify my item 3-5 days before i receive the funds from them , because you will send those money TO THEM AND NOT TO ME and they will secure the money for you .

As they say, if it's too good to be true, it isn't...

Ki

----------------

Someone insisting on using his own escrow service is usually a pretty good indication of a scam as well. Good Lookin' out. By the way, if something seems good to be true, it IS.