Neon signs and radio interference

dwlnga

Does anyone have any experience with neon signs and the interference that they cause with radio and TV reception?

I was wondering if anybody know of a suppressor that is strong enogh to prevent this? The Radio Shack brand does almost nothing with removing the static.

Anyone information from anyone who has had any luck with fixing this would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks,

Dan

Hi, I'm praying to the Gods, you're not in Las Vegas.9.gif

How close is your gear to these signs?

Possibly a re-routing of the speghetti and/or antenna leads, could diminish it somewhat?

What types of antennas are you using?

Are the signs on the same circuit as your equipment?

Can you turn them off at showtime?

How many do you have?

Maybe newer ballasts would also help.

I don't have any experience with the fix, but have a couple of the neon window beer logo signs that I'm planning on putting in my bar area. Does the interference come through the ac line, such that a separate circuit would eliminate this or is it an interference in the air, such that distance could help with eliminating it.

I'll do some testing this week. Have a great three-color Miller Genuine Draft sign in the shape of a guitar.

Michael

The only way I know is to copper screen your entire room, ceilings, walls, floors, vents, doors, filtrons on the electrical wiring into the house and terrific grounding on your antennas and padding on the lead-ins. One drawback, your cell phone won't work. Neon signs are probably one of the worst (best interference) objects for this. Also ham radio transmitter aiming through your house and radar antenna prf. Best of luck.

JJK