should I buy this system???

jmklipsch

I am new to Home theater.

I have Toshiba CW34X92TV and Toshiba SD5109 DVD.

I am thinking of buying RC-3, 2 RS-3, 2 RF-3, and KSW-12.

I am also still a little unsure about receiver. I am leaning to Yamaha RXV 800. Is RXV1000 worth extra $$? What about Onkyo 696?? Any features that I need that one of the above doesnt have?

I am thinking of ordering from crazyeddie.com has anyone had any bad experiences with this vendor or is there any reason that I shouldn't order over internet. Website states items are new in box.

Well as far as the speakers go, you won't be disappointed at all with them. That Reference package is a seamless system that will knock your socks off.

As far as receivers go....Yamaha and Denon seem to be the favorites among Klipsch people.

CrazyEddie has a pretty up and down reputation. They were closed down a while ago, and just recently reopened. The only thing with ordering from an internet dealer is that you won't get the Klipsch warranty on the speakers. If that is not a big deal to you, then the internet is the way to go...but keep in mind that if something happens you won't be covered.

Good Luck!

------------------

Home Theater System:

Klipsch Quartets - mains for both systems

Klipsch Academy - center

Klipsch KG.5's - rear surrounds

Klipsch KSW12 subwoofer

Denon AVR-4800

Denon POA-5200 THX Amp (soon to be added)

Sony C-67ES CD Player

JVC 36D201 36" TV

JVC HR-S3600 SVHS Player

JVC XV-M565BK DVD Player

Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2100 Digital Cable box

Playstation 2

Monster Power HTS-2000

MIT Speaker Cable

RS HT Gold Interconnects

Monster S-Video and Component Cables

I'm a big fan of Denon gear,but last weekend had the pleasure of Yamaha RX-V995 w/the Reference line you mentioned.I was pleased with the sound.The combo did a great job on movies.Didn't do any music listening though,so I can't comment on that.

He wasn't using the KSW-12,but the older SW-12 II,which is not ported.

------------------

Main HT:'77 Klipschorns w/ALKs,

'75 Heresy center,modified with,K-Horn sqauwker & AA network.

KSP-S6 at sides

2 KSP-S6's rear.

Denon AVR-3801

2 Denon POA-2800 200X2

1 driving the Horns

1 driving the bi-wired Heresy center.

2 DIY 12"4ohm subs,Carver A500x 400 watts per ch.feed.

1 12" powered sub(behind the couch)feed from the surrounds pre-outs.

Sony DVP-C650D.

Dishnetwork Echostar 4700 w/DD

JVC S7600U S-VHS

Pioneer CDL-D501 laser

Music in "Direct"only!

DH Labs T-14 speaker wire to the front 3.

Room size;15.5 X 25' opening into dining room.

Old RCA 52"RPTV w/matching cabinets

Bed room HT:

KSB 2.1 mains,SC-1,SS-1's,2 SW 8 II subs.

Cornwall Is for music only

Denon AVR-2800,

Dishnetwork,Sony SLV-975HF VCR,Panasonic DVD-RV31.

27"RCA

Always have to chime in on my recommendation to evaluate the RB5s on really good stands.

The cabinet is really nice and you can of course select a tweeter hight by selecting a stand heith of your preference.

I would burn them in for a couple of months with a conventional wiring scheme. Then biwire and you will get a real nice improvement for low cost.

I was in my HIFI store this week and the guys were saying they are starting to prefer a direct speaker than a RS3 type design. I use my old KSB 3.1 and think they sound fine. I personnally cannot critically listen to a rear speaker during a movie. I critically listen to the mains and center.

Thankyou for the comments. I finally took the plunge today. I bought speakers mentioned above along with Denon AVR 3802. I thought I could always go with direct surrounds later on when I add other two rear effects speakers. I will let you know how everything goes with internet order.