Help with Forte placement

ironwoods

Hi, my TV sits in the corner of a sunken living room. On one side are ground level sliding glass doors(that are not used) with wooden horizontal slat blinds. The other side has the 20" rise to a railing and walkway, and a bearing wall to the extreme. Therefore the 2 sides are completely different in every way.

I'm currently using Heresy II's, on 14" stands, as mains, and this seems to be working well, but I'm wondering how the PR's of the Forte's, will affect the low end. One being about 5' from the wall, and the other about a foot. I also run a Velodyne FSR-12".

I've been toying with the idea of replacing the iron railing with a sheetrock wall/divider, extended up to the current railing height.

Any thoughts on using Forte's as mains, when they're angled at 45 degrees from the rear cornered walls, and at different distances? Doesn't sound good I know.

What is the optimum placement for the Forte?

Tough question. My Fortes are in my 2 ch system and they are in the corners, toed in at 45 deg and on 18" risers (a pair of Sony floor standing speakers3.gif ) and they sound great. My Heresys in the HT are in two totally different environments as are yours. I think I would try placing the Fortes on whatever risers you need to get them to the same height. Fortes have the rear facing passive radiator so that is a bit important for equal bass but that might not be quite as important with the use of a sub. Try it and see, there is nothing to loose.

Thank's Cal, they will both be rising from the same floor plane, but one will have a 20" concrete wall directly behind it, and then another 36" till the far wall that runs parallel with the walkway.

It's somewhat confusing, so maybe I'll snap a pic and post it up. I've heard they speak a 1000 words. 2.gif