FOR SALE: PARAGON 12A tube preamp

Guy Landau

----------------

On 2/22/2005 3:10:45 PM tigerwoodKhorns wrote:

Guy and Clipped,

I don't know but I am detecing a little friction between you two. It's subtle, but if you read these responses really closely, you can see it.

Chris

----------------

Really closely?! LOL. Its about as subtle as a brick.9.gif

Chris,

I think that C&S had some bad experience with his Paragon preamp and it tries to generalize it to all of them.

Not all Paragon 12's are alike like not all human beings, cars, refrigerators etc.

Some cars drive perfectly for 200K miles and the same exact cars can break every 3k miles. Same thing can be true to refrigerators, human beings, washing machines - that list is endless .

The fact is that to this day , My Paragon preamp works just fine and measures great. I can not predict what can happen within a day, a month or 20 years from now. I've decided to send it to the doc for a routine checkup.

You can feel great, excersize every day and live past a 100 years or get a heart attack and die the next day - that's life.

You can keep using your equipment as is and it will serve you well and you can service it, and sometimes it can still fail whithin a short period of time. These things are unusual but can happen and there is no rule of thumb here.

Life is full of surprises.

The only bad experience I have had with my Paragon is having some weasel email the high bidder on my eBay auction that my Paragon was a "real wrack" and that they might have a better one for sale! The high bidder, some guy in Germany who is also a weasel with 48 negative feedbacks became an instant deadbeat. Life is full of surprises in this small world, huh?

C&S

The Paragon is a nightmare to work on, and I wouldn't be recommending it to friends on this forum. Save your money and buy a BlueBerry!

"The only bad experience I have had with my Paragon is having some weasel email the high bidder on my eBay auction that my Paragon was a "real wrack" and that they might have a better one for sale! The high bidder, some guy in Germany who is also a weasel with 48 negative feedbacks became an instant deadbeat. Life is full of surprises in this small world, huh? C&S"

These are some serious accusations here. Are you implying that it was me?

With such a negative attitude I wouldn't be surprised to hear that your bad heart had finally gave up.

Get a life, dude.

BTW,

Last week I was the high bidder on a Goldmund Studio turntable. I received an email from another ebay member, offering me his Goldmund. These things happen on ebay and some people don't play by the rules. I'm not that kind of person and wish you luck with your auction.

You have to be real dumb to think that I have tried to steal your buyer. You have to be dumber to make these false accusations.

My Paragon preamp had been at Craig's for the last three weeks, and only yesterday, I've decided that I wish to sell it. You can ask Craig to verify that - I'm sure that he'll agree.

I am not accusing anyone and I wish you luck on your sale.

This experience gave me no choice but to tell ALL like it is. Truth will cleanse. Truth will heal.

Unfortunately this whole thing has caused the stock for all Paragon 12A preamplifiers to go way down, and whoever may have been the one emailing this bidder that my Paragon was not "all that" or whatever, apparently wanted all Paragon stock to plummet so obviously it could not be you.

C&S