Premiere MovieLounger anyone???

rplace

Anybody out there have any experience with Premiere MovieLoungers and want to share what you like/dislike? Check them out here:

http://www.premierehts.com/sublevel.cfm?template=lounger⊂=loungers

I was really impressed with the build quality, fabric selection, comfort and overall look of many of the chairs. I am looking for a low back and narrower seat. I found the Grand to be just was I was looking for. The local dealer also had Lane products, Berkline, as well as a few others. Actually a great selection of brands and styles. So I felt like I was able to try many out. They are a rather expensive investment once you start looking at 4 or more seats, so wanted to see if there was anyone out there that actually has them and what you think.

Thanks, Rich

Hey Rich,

My father actually has Premiere's in his theater and as you stated, they are very plush and nicely built. The only problem I have with his are the recline mechanisms in the chairs. He has the manual recline in the chairs and when you lean back, the chair wants to go all the way to the fully recline position so it's kinda hard to have the chair in a mid-recline for watching movies. My guess is that the auto-recline would solve that problem. Other than that, the price is about the only other problem I'd have with getting them. What were you quoted per chair just curiously?

Bimmeup

Matt11.gif

Base price in fabric was 1395. Leather started at 1595. I liked the #2 leather, which was a 250 option per seat. That put me around 1850 per seat. The dealer just started carrying them and said he was motivated to get some in houses so we settled on 1400 per seat for 4 or 5 depending on how my measurements went and no delivery or set up charge. That is about 25% off plus free delivery, so did not think it was too bad of a deal. However I could not find out any sort of street price by checking around on the web. I did find many positive reviews and comments on the seats. After trying at least 5 different brands of seats I think it is like a lot of things - you get what you pay for. I don't understand why Berkline seats are so expensive. They felt cheap to me. Probably like a lot of things everyone has their own thoughts and opionions.

Do you know what your dad paid for his Primere's?

Rich

Hey Rich,

Sounds like you're getting a pretty good deal on those chairs. I think my dad ended up paying around 2k each and that was with full leather but manual recline. I think the dealer he bought them from jacked up the price quite a bit. At least now he realizes that he spent way too much.

As for me, I'm starting construction on my new home next month and I also have a dedicated HT room. I've been doing a ton of searching for theater chairs and like you, I found the Berklines a little on the chinsy side but not crappy. I did call the local LA-Z-BOY dealer and got samples of their leather in. Their top grade leather looks and feels awesome. I'm waiting for them to get a few chairs in so I can go and test them out. From what I hear, it seems the Lazboy's are a step up from the Berklines but I'll have to get my own opinion when I test them. The other chair I'm wondering about is the Palliser. But I have nowhere around here that I can check them out. I am getting quotes from www.leathershoppes.com and the prices seem reasonable with the transducers installed.

Anyway, good luck with your chairs!

Matt11.gif

Rich, I have 4 of the Lazyboy HT seats, with the triangular wedge in the middle. Although I really liked the Berks, and others, they were just too big. Our 15 x 25 room needed seating that could extend across the 15 and still have a walkway. If space is a concern, the lazy boys worke nicely because they are a bit narrower than others. I also didn't want something too high, blocking my surround and rear speakers. Comfort is good. Build quality seems good. (only had them for a couple of months). We got the highest grade black leather, and although it was a bit expensive, I believe they were worth the price due to the design and functionality. I would purchase again, although the 4 to 6 week wait period was agonizing. Best of luck.