beginner subwooper

wyattearp

Do you have any other Audio dealers in your vicinity?

That would be a place to start.

If not, ask what the return policy is at the Circuit City you've been going to. If it is semi liberal, you may have a chance to try one or two at home.

For specs, If you know the make and model numbers, try typing the Manufacturer's name in a Google search. That may take you to a company website or one that has rated the model.

Good Luck

dodger9.gif

There is a local TV/Appliance Dealer that I have dealt with that is a local-run company, but they don't carry Klipsch. I will have to go in and see what lines they do carry. Was definelty going there to review TVs. I think they're more mid-fi on audio. We have the usual Synergy at BB and the attached aggravation. There are some decent workers at the Circuit City. Probably college students, but nice enough. Just went in to see what they had, since the store is always in a constant state of flux. Did make contact with a Reference dealer about 50 miles away who stocks the RW 8 & 10 and said he has them hooked up for listening. Will probably go listen to them, just to see how the Klipsch subs sound. I'm new to 5.1. I'm already sort of concerned about power issues whereas my new avr seems underpowered. It's nearing the end of the scale on the volume control, but isn't very loud. Haven't gotten an SPL meter yet, so guess I need to do that. My old heavy-as--d Pioneer 200W could clip the -20s at halfway. I must be spoiled. Having to set all these speakers levels also takes getting used to. Too many choices, d____t! 7.gif Thanks for the responses!4.gif