Room specs. to small for the ref's ?

RickZler

I just moved into a new smaller house with totally different acquostics

then my former place. I 'm setting up my media room and H.T. The room is 16 X 14

and opens directly to a smaller room at 12 X 10. A very open floor plan

and the media room has high ceilings at about 10 feet with a sloping peak at ends of ceiling where it meets the walls. Right now I'm thinking about finishing the reference series to go with my fronts(Ref-7's). My question @ 14 feet in width do you think this room is to small for the 1 RC7 and 2 rs7's

and 2 rb75's for the rear. That is the way I plan to go but was wondering if this was to much of a sound field for such a small room. Also people at other sites are pushing me towards the paradigm ref studio 100's with cc570

center channel and their surround speakers. They say the sound field with the

v3 100 is milder and easier to control( fast sound field inflation). Anyone

who has had or heard both used domestically care to comment on this?. Also right now I'm using a Dennon 4802-R 125 w @ 8 ohms all around.Do you think this receiver has enough power to drive the Klipsch speakers without sounding thin? Also I've read here that the Rotel 1095 sounds amazing with the klipsch. Could I use this amp as a main with the Dennon as a pre without losing any of formats that the Dennon supports(every possible format). Or should I use the Rotel just to power the fronts for pure music listening and

the Dennon for H.T. only ? Sorry to put all these questions in one post but if they're going to get answered correctly it's here and not on some other board with less knowledgable people. Any consideration on any of these if not all of these questions will be greatly appreciated. Anyway stepping out to demo the v3 1oo's and the Rotel amp. A major thanks in advance and once again sorry about the long post.

Thanks

RickZler

----------------

On 2/23/2005 4:52:23 PM RickZler wrote:

I just moved into a new smaller house with totally different acquostics

then my former place. I 'm setting up my media room and H.T. The room is 16 X 14

and opens directly to a smaller room at 12 X 10. A very open floor plan

and the media room has high ceilings at about 10 feet with a sloping peak at ends of ceiling where it meets the walls. Right now I'm thinking about finishing the reference series to go with my fronts(Ref-7's). My question @ 14 feet in width do you think this room is to small for the 1 RC7 and 2 rs7's

and 2 rb75's for the rear. That is the way I plan to go but was wondering if this was to much of a sound field for such a small room. Also people at other sites are pushing me towards the paradigm ref studio 100's with cc570

center channel and their surround speakers. They say the sound field with the

v3 100 is milder and easier to control( fast sound field inflation). Anyone

who has had or heard both used domestically care to comment on this?. Also right now I'm using a Dennon 4802-R 125 w @ 8 ohms all around.Do you think this receiver has enough power to drive the Klipsch speakers without sounding thin? Also I've read here that the Rotel 1095 sounds amazing with the klipsch. Could I use this amp as a main with the Dennon as a pre without losing any of formats that the Dennon supports(every possible format). Or should I use the Rotel just to power the fronts for pure music listening and

the Dennon for H.T. only ? Sorry to put all these questions in one post but if they're going to get answered correctly it's here and not on some other board with less knowledgable people. Any consideration on any of these if not all of these questions will be greatly appreciated. Anyway stepping out to demo the v3 1oo's and the Rotel amp. A major thanks in advance and once again sorry about the long post.

Thanks

RickZler

----------------

welcome to the forum!

one question at a time!2.gif

the room is not too small for the RF-7's..... my room is about 16' wide and i use KLF-30's (predecessor to the RF-7's)...

you might want to first set up your system as a 5.1 and see what it sounds like.... i am running 5.1 with only RS-3's for my surrounds and i get a huge sound in my room - even on multichannel SACD... i feel that my 5.1 sounds just as good if not better than many of the 7.1 systems that i have heard...

i really don't think that you will get alot of benefit from the two rear speakers in a room your size...

try it that way first with your present electronics and then see if you want to change out your denon receiver for something else...

1.gif

First, IMO you should buy the RC-7. It is the only center that will work with the RF-7's.

Second, have you experience any problems with your Dennon receiver, i.e. while watching a movie the receiver shuts off? If the answer is no, then your Dennon works just find with the RF-7's. Now, if you want to up the power going to the RF-7's then a power amp combo with your Dennon as the pre will work well.