'78 CORNWALL UPGRADES

ram87

i have been reading the FORum for some time now and have found some very goom info i have done the box mods and X-over mods and am happy with them would there be any gain in changing the tweeter or squaker i have the K-77 and K-55 V if i changed them to what and what improvement would i get??????

ram, if you've done the stuff listed under SEARCH Cornwall Mods Glossary, in terms of rope caulking the mid horn, stiffening the box, and moding the xover, that's about it. There is no known driver upgrade that I know of to Cornwalls, short of really extensive horn modifications, say to a Altec 511B!

Just relax and enjoy!

Michael

From your system profile, I would say, upgrade the amp and preamp. The SAE was good in it's time, but it is bright in today's market. The SAE equipment is quite bright and you would benefit from either better SS equipment or maybe looking at some tube equipment. The tubes, along with crossover, caps and rope caulking will make a difference. I have an older 50 W SS amp and it was definitely bright. When I was younger, I didn't notice the difference, but now I quite notice it.

You seem to have pushed the speaker changes as far as you can and probably notice an improvement. Now it comes down to your other equipment. All it costs is money. 9.gif