POP on power off of TT !

doctorcilantro

I have this pop that occurs through the speakers when I turn off my TT; a VPI HW 19. If the preamp volume is all the way down it doesn't occur.

The TT is grounded to the preamp; from the Cardas phono box and also the TT motor housing. I recently had a little BUZZ on there too so ground everything to Earth ground which fixed it. That buzz is gone today w/o Earth ground wire.

The TT and Carver preamp are two prongers, and I have tried switching the plugs polarity in a number of combinations.

Everything is plugged into an SL Waber power conditioner and when I plug the the TT into a lone outlet (in the same room ) I still get the pop.

This used to happen with the Sherwood S-5000 no matter where the volume level was set and no matter what input was selected. On the Carver the volume has to be up and the Phono stage has to be connected.

Any ideas? I have a small AC capacitor that Tom Tutay made me to try plugging in near the Sherwood, but I have to find it first. I have tried different sets of 12AX7's in the Carver as well.

Dr. C