Saw some Brickwalls on Agon

doctorcilantro

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?accspowr&1112539401

In light of a recent thread I saw these for a good price on Audiogon (and the fact that I got new RF-7's for 800$ from a post here), and thought I'd spread the word. They are the Audio model with 2 sockets. I am holding out for the 8 outlet model, but was tempted as the price is right.

Dr. C

That is a pretty good price from the guy with the 4 Brickwalls on Audiogon, expecially since they are the "AUD" audio models. I tried to get him to sell me one for $149 shipped, but he was not going for it. I ended up buying new from Brickwall. I also bought an 8 outlet AUD model from a guy on Audiogon 2 weeks ago.

I just put both into my system, getting rid of a Monster 1100 strip.

First improvement was that with my 2 Monarchy SE-100 Delux Monoblocks plugged into the 2 outlet unit, I did not need my "cheater" plugs anymore. No more hum! The only way before to get rid of the hum was using the cheaters. (Even CC Poon, owner of Monarchy, recommends that)

Other than that, no big difference so far in my HT equipment, other than I think my equipment is better off plugged into the Brickwall than the Monster.

I did a lot of research also, and it cam down to Shunyata, Blue Circle Music or Brickwall. Price certainly entered into the decision, but they are all really good. I put a Monster 3600 into my system a couple weeks ago, and the only difference was my HT seemed to be a little more muffled or softer. Kind of like that "blanket on the speakers" analogy. I took it back.

Oh yea, all this is plugged into a my dedicated 20amp circuit anyway, so no other interference from anything in the house.

Regards

Jobman