RC-7 and Legend Series - opinions?

jfcarbel

I am thinking of going with the Legend KLF-20 for my mains. But I am a bit disappointed with the specs on the KLF-C7 center. I mean its low end is rated at only 75Hz. Even my old Academy does 65Hz!

So with that in mind has anyone tried the new RC-7 as a center with the Legends? Did they timbre match well (i.e. pan from left to right transparently)? Better than the KLF-C7?

Also need suggestions - what scene from a specific movie can I use to test the panning?

Some have said in this forum that the RC-7 and the RS-7 blend perfectly with the KLF-20s. They even mentioned testing this with panning scenes. So unless that person was not listening right, the RC-7 would be much better due to the lower bass.

Can any Administrators answer whether the RC-7/RS-7 was designed with matching the KLF timbre or at least tested and verified as a good match.

quote:

Originally posted by jfcarbel:

So with that in mind has anyone tried the new RC-7 as a center with the Legends? Did they timbre match well (i.e. pan from left to right transparently)? Better than the KLF-C7?

B]

I had the same concern. Went ahead and got the c-7 and some 20s. Works and sounds fine. You just don't need that much low bass from the center. Let the 20s and a sub give you that. BTW there's great prices on ubid for the klf's right now.

jfc,using a center other than the KLF-C7 would be a mistake.Once you hear the C-7 with your KLF-20's you will forget the specs.Check the many,many signatures of Legend owners here for their center and ask yourself "WHY?".

Keith