Cornwall II's with Forte II's

merkin

Will Cornwall II's work for fronts with an academy center and then use my forte II's for rears. Would this be overkill? My room is T shaped with the leg part of the T as the watching area.

The watching area is about 14 wide 21 long. The top of the T is actually longer about 13 deep and 30 feet long. This is in my bassement and had to woork around supports. I've also been looking at Forte II's, Chorus II's and Quartets. I see on the Klipsch sight that all of these speakers will match with the academy. So if a = b and b = c does a = c? Any input will be appreciated. I'm running a Sony DA555 ES 5.1 as receiver. (Its about 100 watt per channel receiver)

"Will Cornwall II's work for fronts with an academy center and then use my forte II's for rears."

Yes.

"Would this be overkill?"

From the POV of a six Cornwall theater owner......NO9.gif

Sounds like a good plan to me - Cornwalls make excellent mains, the Academy will match (although it may strain a bit at high volumes/SPL's), and the Fortes would certainly serve well as rears.

You'll wish to experiment with your Fortes positioning in back some, to get the best overall effect. Consider stands when doing this - getting the rears elevated a bit certainly helps with my rear Cornwalls - especially for movies.

With 5 channel music, this will sound reeeeeeal good1.gif