specs on 1977 la scalas????

ok bob thanks for that what would be your opinion of the differance between the aa crossover and the al crossover also the k 55 m drivers, i purchased a pair and now see that they have the al, and the k 55m. i am partial to having my gear all original but i will of course get these home and see what the sound is like but just wander if i have been kinda hoodwinked on this deal, could this have been considered a upgrade at some point?10.gif Joe

Sounds like someone probably bought a new set of crossovers and mid drivers sometime in the early 80's. That is when those would have been used. A lot of people seem not to like the AL crossovers although I have no personal experience with them with the exception of one set that had some bad solder joints on it. I have heard on this forum that bad solder joints are common on the Type AL. That might be why the AL got some of its bad reputation. I think the K-55V and K-55M drivers are pretty much the same in sound and in my testing. Contact me by email if you want to talk about getting some type AAs.

Bob Crites

I have 76's with AA's and 83's with AL's. In the same room side by side they sound about the same. I might give a slight edge to the 83's with the "M" drivers and AL network. They are smoother sounding. Another thing is, between these two years nothing is the same! The cabinets are even completely different. Overall cabinet size is the only thing that is the same.