Best Cheap Sub?

capta

Here is my system:

KG3.5 mains

KSC-C1 center

KSB1.1 rears

Denon 2801

I'd like to get a sub but my budget is strained. I've looked at Klipsches, but even discontinued KSW-100s seem to go for nearly what a new KSW-10 goes for. Unlike the other discontinued models I bought, there doesn't seem to be any price break on Klipsch subs. What out there is a good under $200 sub? My room is about 12x12, but with a vaulted ceiling. Alternately, where can I get a discontinued, but NIB, Klipsch sub for a good price? Any advice is appreciated.

I would try to get a Ksw-12 on ebay or ubid at a good price. I tried a cheaper sub(acoustic research 12). I got it for 200.00 and hooked it up and it sucked. I could not even hear it. Luckly someone on ebay bought it from me (there was nothing wrong with it) and was totally satis. I have a above average living room. So after selling it I stroll down to my dealer and get a ksw-12 for 300.00 plus tax. Take it home and hooked it up the same way and MAN..... It sounded like my old car system.... Plenty of bass and output. Just save up and dont get stuck with a cheap sub.

------------------

My HTS:

MAINS: KSB 3.1

CENTER: KSC-C1

REAR: WHITE QUINTETS

SUB: KSW-12

TV: TOSHIBA THEATER VIEW 50"

RECEIVER:KENWOOD VR-4080B

DVD: SONY S-360 DVD PLAYER

FOR SALE PINANNCLE WIDESCREEN CTR (105.00)

• 3 weeks later...

First take the KSW12 for a test drive.I use this sub on one of my computer speaker systems,its a great match for Klipsch Quintets.A Denon 3801 is the heart of this PC system,overall much better then the ProMedia,you may say well DUH.

Just a warning AudioReview is full of liars and frauds who claim to have used the gear they "review" and who have no clue about the sound or the piece they are "own".

I would not trust AudioReview becuase of the many clowns who know nothing(or close) about audio.

I saw plenty of bozos posting a "reviews" of Krell amps and awarding them 1/5! talk about lies and ignorance.

The KSW12 is a great buy.

TheEAR(s) Now theears