RW-12 vs. SVS PB10-ISD

D-Rex

Anyone interested in this comparison? A friend of mine has ordered the SVS and since I have the RW-12 I asked him if I could bring it over for a head to head challenge. He paid the $470 for his direct from SVS and I paid $415 so, from a cost perspective, this appears to be a pretty fair fight.

What do you guys expect from this comparison? Any pre-conceived ideas? I know it will just be our ears making the final decisions but we will be fair. I will most likely be in Chicago next week so it may be a couple of weeks before I get to do this.

D

I would expect that the RW12 will sound "tighter" and have more punch. More punch because of its emphaziz on the 45 to 60Hz range. blurb pulled from another forum.

The SvS will dig a whole lot deeper and not sound as "tight". Blurb pulled from another forum.

The PB10 will roll off at around 17 Hz where the RW will roll off in the high 30's.

Overall the SvS will have a flatter responce from 17 to 85 hz.

Having the PB10 it is quite impressive for the money. It does dig deep and it does push out the bass. Some might prefer the simulated wookd finish of the RW.

Depending on the music you might prefer the RW but if you want ot play Blue Man group, jazz, classical and some Norah Jones or Diana Krall the SvS will really shine. For HT the SvS whould out perfrom the RW.

I may be a little biased to SvS but the PB10 is a real perfromend fo under $500

----------------

On 3/11/2005 1:20:46 PM filmguy wrote:

wld love to know how that comparison goes.. it wld seem the svs will perform better but interesting to know what the extent of the difference is.. do keep us posted, d-rex

----------------

Yes, I am very interested in this "digging deeper" aspect of bass for which the SVS's are known. It might make me want to add one to my current set-up...

D