forte II in need of help

schuee

Good day, I have a pair of Forte IIs, one of which has a severe tear in the cone passive radiator. Does any one know where i acan pick one up so I can repair this beauty and how difficult is it to install. looks easy.? I am spoiled by the sound of these units and would much rather repair it than purchase anything new. 1.gif

Welcome to the forum.

It is possible to repair the tear yourself, and not replace the passive. Do you think you would be able to glue a patch over the tear? Since it is a passive, the excursion of the cone is only due to the active woofers moving in the cabinet. I don't believe you fixing it would make a differnce in the sound.

Otherwise, you could contact Klipsch for more information.

Marvel

thanks for the idea. It is torn from the

edge of the cone all the way to the end of the frame that screws it into the back of the speaker. Is it even possible to fix a tear this big? you can notice the problem in the sound quality. The speaker has that dead flat sound when certain signals of bass trip it. Word of wisdom, don't let your wife put picture frames on the top of your speakers.

The tear has effectively changed/broken the seal on the cabinet. Since it is a passive and not wired to anything internally, that is why you could try sealing the cone yourself. At this point, you have nothing to lose trying it.

The part is a KD-15 15" (38.1cm) Fiber-composite cone passive.

Call Klipsch first, and see what they have to say. The actual specs on it are probably not as critical, and it may be able to just be reconed, which would also be cheaper than buying the whole speaker.