subwoofer cable, what type used in wall

itsmyforte

although the pvc is a great idea i won't have much time to do it and it will cost me a bit more money. i will be doing this myself and will probably only have one day to complete the wiring of anything in the house i want extra before the drywall crew comes in. a builder is doing the house and they are being kind by letting me do this. they will not do it at all as they don't do custom work.

next question how would a short run of rg-6 be if i used it for a component conection in the ajoining room. like 3 cables 10" long.

----------------

On 3/20/2005 12:27:25 AM itsmyforte wrote:

although the pvc is a great idea i won't have much time to do it and it will cost me a bit more money. i will be doing this myself and will probably only have one day to complete the wiring of anything in the house i want extra before the drywall crew comes in. a builder is doing the house and they are being kind by letting me do this. they will not do it at all as they don't do custom work.

next question how would a short run of rg-6 be if i used it for a component conection in the ajoining room. like 3 cables 10" long.

----------------

Ummmm - first off, it will cost you a lot more money if that cable you run gets compromised three or four years down the road. The tiny extra expenditure to stick a pipe in the holes you drill in the studs will be worth a lot later when you don't have to rip out the drywall to access a wire inadvertantly nailed to a stud (or worse yet, punctured by a nail as the drywall is going up)

Secondly, yeah, RG-6 will be fine for a 10 foot run through the wall.

I still would consider conduit. I had wire problems about a year after my install and I would have been SCREWED if I did not conduit.

Cost - A ten foot secton of 3/4" PVC conduit is around 95 cents.

Installs very fast. Just get a spade drill, PVC cutter, and some glue. Me and one friend installed probably one thousand feet of conduit in a single saturday at my house. I did every speaker location in my HT, and every computer outlet.

I built two houses and did this. Both builders were very good with me doing this myself as long as the plumers, electricians and HVAC guys pick there stud spaces first. There will be a inspection before insulation is put in, so you should be able to get the work done as long as you let your expiditer know.

Not trying to be a pain, Just trying to help....

JM