Aura bass shakers

Rsoxfan

Mike,

They follow whatever is in the bass. So for example in the T-Rex stomps in Jurassic Park you feel the stomp.

They can be a lot of fun. I had a dozen of them in my old couch in an old system. Haven't gotten around to hooking them into my new system yet though.

Shawn

It doesn't. They work the same way and are modulated from the audio just like a speaker is. I was using the non-pro model in my couch.

Just be sure you treat them as a subwoofer (balance their levels, low pass them) and they should work out well for you.

Shawn

Guest Anonymous

guess what?!?!? hers is your lucky day!!! partsexpress.com is having a huge clearencce sale on the bass shakers, adn they are 30 bucks a pair from a 100!!!! its a total steal, if you are remotly interested buy them and if yo hate them throwem on ebay!

----------------

On 3/21/2005 11:35:25 PM Gramas701 wrote:

guess what?!?!? hers is your lucky day!!! partsexpress.com is having a huge clearencce sale on the bass shakers, adn they are 30 bucks a pair from a 100!!!! its a total steal, if you are remotly interested buy them and if yo hate them throwem on ebay!

----------------

That's where I came across them. Seems to good to pass up.

I have 4 of the small ones on my couch, and 1 each of the larger units on my recliners. Make sure they are attached to the frame. I tried tie-wrapping to the spings under the seat, and it was just too much. They are only 4-ohms each, so keep that in mind. The ones on my couch are paired in series.

I am feeding my subwoofer output to an older kenwood integratred amp so that I can control the volume independent of my HT receiver.

Good luck.

Doug

----------------

On 3/22/2005 10:29:33 AM dmk wrote:

I have 4 of the small ones on my couch, and 1 each of the larger units on my recliners. Make sure they are attached to the frame. I tried tie-wrapping to the spings under the seat, and it was just too much. They are only 4-ohms each, so keep that in mind. The ones on my couch are paired in series.

I am feeding my subwoofer output to an older kenwood integratred amp so that I can control the volume independent of my HT receiver.

Good luck.

Doug

----------------

I'll keep that in mind, but I heard it's better to tie wrap them to the coils.

I have 4 of the pro 50 watt version bass shakers. All 4 are just sitting in the cupboard right now, I have not attatched them to our new to us couch and chair.

I have had all 4 driven off a yorkville power amplifier, in my previously overstuffed chair. Just about right, the level must be carefully balanced as not to be distracting. You should have seen people that sat in the chair jump!

I should measure and cut a board to screw to the frame and mount all 4 again to my chair. Adding binding posts to the frame makes moving the furniture and vacuuming much easier.

The seating I recently installed in my Theater has the Aura shakers installed. I split the bass signal from my pre-amp and sent it to a Jamo MPA-101 cube amp and I am very pleased with the result. My RW-12 still functions properly and the shakers have the desired result.

I just purchased 4 Coaster recliner HT seats and they came with the Aura Bass Shakers model AST-1B-4 (does not say PRO anywhere), which I was surprised to read were actually developed to bolt to the floorboards of your CAR! The Recliner-shaker effect must have been some grass-roots movement. If anyone is not familiar, mine look like fairly heavy woofer magnets with a cork pad where the voice coil/spider would normally be. They're pretty small so mounting not a problem. Power handling only 25 watts each, so a set of 4 could run on an old receiver or small amp. Resonant frequency 42 Hz, stated range 20-100, so a LF out would be appropriate. They are 4 ohms as stated above. I'll hook a couple up this pm and try em out.

Michael