Epitaph to: The sound of Cables

KT66

----------------

On 3/24/2005 1:41:15 PM KT66 wrote:

Boy, I promise this is my last input ..
:)

So then , for some unknown reason, if none of the foregoing is correct, why are there are only one or two cables out of at least a dozen I have, I can sit down and enjoy becasue the tonal balance is better than that of others cables in the box and I'm not refering to subtle differences .. and I have no bias towards any of the cables other than the results I hear and they are not exotic types by any means.

If all those cables sounded the same I would not be trying to flog a dead horse .. so I'm finished with this and bid you farwell.

----------------

Last input indeed!

Liar, liar, liar. You almost had me tricked into going to the dark side.

I would like to know just how capacitance in the pico farad range per meter influences audio signals. If it does, I know just the interconnet to solve the (non-existent) problem: the AudioQuest series that uses batteries to avoid cable break in. They start at $300 per 1M pair.9.gif

Bill

Rtaylor:

Sorry , sorry I did promise I abase my self and beg forgiveness this IS my last.

But just one last hint to the last few heretics:

Balloks !

oh ! and .."about you should do some research on shawn's (sfogg) posts...."

you guys are quite free to believe all that B*.

Sorry Shaun.

KT, D-Man, a suggestion:

Give it up. I've tried this on this and other forums.

Those that don't think there is a difference to be heard with cable changes, whether they've tried it and don't hear it, or refuse to hear it, will not be swayed by even the technical arguments.

They will usually think that those of us who do hear it are

A. crazy,

B. fooling ourselves to justify the expenditure, or

C. crazy.

I hear it; I'm willing to pay for the difference. As long as I am free to do so, anyone else is free to tell me I'm crazy. I can agree with them on any number of issues, but if we disagree on this, that does not make me or them completely full of ****e.

It has taken a few years of experience, turning into wisdom, to come to this point; basically, I don't need everyone to agree with me to justify my own opinions.

And I can agree with most of the guys here on the Forum that Klipsch speakers are terrific, whether driven by SS or tubes, listening to classical or rock, through $4/ft. Kimber Cable or .50\ft. Home Depot. I can agree that a different crossover network with Jensen caps in 16-year old Fortes is going to make a difference in sound, or that not all amplifiers sound the same.

I can disagree with them on the whole cable thing, but not feel I have to make them come around to my opinion. They are free to bash me for my own notions about cables (but I would prefer to let it lie, dead horse that it is). This is why I haven't started a thread like this in years, but will frequently chime in, just to wave my own experience around like one of the other gorillas.

-Oooh oooh oooh-

I will now make a promise: any thread I see that even hints at the subject that this one has touched upon, I will not bother to comment in. Klipsch has been very good about saving an archive of threads; everything I have to say about this is there to read.

Now excuse me while I go untangle my $1300 worth of cables behind the old rack... I'm thinking about putting in those little telephone poles to bring my speaker cables up off the ground... something to do with RF interference or grounding or something... 11.gif

"why are there are only one or two cables out of at least a dozen I have, I can sit down and enjoy becasue the tonal balance is better than that of others cables in the box and I'm not refering to subtle differences .."

Why, because you're deluded, what else?

This reminds me of the Battle of The Holy Lance.

----------------

On 3/24/2005 6:52:05 PM chuckears wrote:

They will usually think that those of us who do hear it are

A. crazy,

B. fooling ourselves to justify the expenditure, or

C. crazy.

----------------

Actually, I think those of you that do hear a difference are subject to the concept of psychoacoustics...just like my musician friends who ask me to turn something up in the monitor, I turn it that very thing down, and they thank me for fixing it. They expect to hear a difference and therefore will hear a difference.

If you yourself personally pass a double blind listening test, then by all means consider yourself to have golden ears 2.gif

----------------

On 3/24/2005 5:38:25 PM KT66 wrote:

Rtaylor:

Sorry , sorry I did promise I abase my self and beg forgiveness this IS my last.

But just one last hint to the last few heretics:

Balloks !

oh ! and .."about you should do some research on shawn's (sfogg) posts...."

you guys are quite free to believe all that BS.

Sorry Shaun.

----------------

yeah....

we are free to believe scientific fact

oh i forgot!..... "Balloks!" .... overcomes all scientific evidence!!!

LOL

you really need to get out more..... or at least read a little more...

Dr Who---Reminds me of when I was a Boilermaker apprentice helping welders. A welder would want his machine turned up or down 5 amps and I'd have to climb down the iron, set the machine, and climb back up.

An old-timer tipped me off that most welders can't tell the difference and that good welders would automatically adjust the arc length to make up 5 amps. He said to just duck around the corner, have a smoke and then come back in a few minutes.

So a guy would tell me to adjust his machine, up 5 say. I'd take a duck and come back a few minutes later and the guy would tell me how much better the machine was running.

Some guys, when they wanted the machine down I'd turn it up, unless you're spittin' BBs you're never too hot.

Now 10 amps, that's easy to tell but not 5, not stick welding with 5/32.