A wonderful night of music

On the way home the other day I stopped into Wally World to pick up a few things and ended up looking at CDs. I had read a lot of people on this forum like Dianna Krall, which I had never really heard any of her music. Well they had only one CD of hers The Girl in The Other Room so I picked it up. After getting home I put the CD in and all of the sudden my living room was filled with the most amassing music. It was as if the house had been turned into a piano bar / jazz club. We listened as we prepared dinner and on occasion we were even dancing in the middle of the kitchen. We grilled some steaks and vegetables on the grill and continued listening until it had played the entire CD twice. I will be on the look out for some other CDs of hers.

I just wanted to share an experience I had with help from the group.

Steve

Her recordings are very good. I've bought quite a few of her CD's and have enjoyed most of them. Love Scenes and Live in Paris are my favorites. While the sonic quality of the recordings is quite good, I find myself listening to other music these days.

Diana is currently out of rotation for me, but I learned about her from this forum too and have enjoyed everything I've picked up on a recommendation from this bunch.

My favorite cut from "The Girl in the Other Room" is actually a Tom Waits' song... 'Temptation'.

Forrest

----------------

On 3/28/2005 3:22:59 PM customsteve01 wrote:

I want to get the DVD "Live at the Montreal Jazz Festival" Does anyone have this one and if so is it worth buying??

Steve

----------------

----------------

On 3/28/2005 3:15:45 PM nicholtl wrote:

Her "Love Scenes" album is pretty darn good too.

----------------

I concur, that is a great album. Look for the 5.1 DTS one if you can, I got it at Best Buy. Superb recording. Sounds darn good on my Cornwalls.

-Jon