A small project finally completed

Northshore

I have finally completed the joint venture between myself, the General Contractor and the Sound guys. The challenge was to take an over the garage 13'x 22' bonus room and convert it into a dedicated Home Theater. As you can see by the photos the room shape is somewhat different in order to allow for the roof line of my house. The room had an open end with only a handrail so of course a wall with double doors was in order . I had 2 skylights that had to be blanked out and a platform to build, I also needed a recessed audio rack as not to take up valuable real estate within the room.

The contractor provided all of the wall, platform and audio rack building as well as the knockdown texturing needed. I had the wonderful duty of painting the room and trim work as well as carpeting the platform and running the rope lighting. My sound guys ran the cables, mounted the projector, set the equipment and programmed the remote. I also provided all of the Klipsch RF 7's, RC 7, RS 35's and RW 12 speakers as the sound guys are not authorized dealers of Klipsch. I have included several photo's at differenct phases of the project.

post-16808-13819263911952_thumb.jpg

----------------

On 3/30/2005 7:17:43 PM picky wrote:

It looks like the man knows what he's doin' ! Nice house you have there. Nice to see those RF-7s winking at me! Your place should sound killer. Nice job!

----------------

Thanks for the kind words, this project has been fun and frustrating all in one. And the sound is more than one man could hope for.

Thanks Northshore for sharing with us your HT build experience. The end result looks very nice. So....have you had enough listening/watching time to know what you would have done differently?

You know, it has occurred to me that many of us post our HT photos both finished and during construction, but not too many (if any at all) post their "lessons learned". Since so many folks lurk here looking for ideas, maybe some lessons learned from you guys might be some wealthy info.

BTW Northshore....just a word of advice. Keep those doors to you HT closed up real tight. Why? Well, just outside those doors is the big, bad upgrade monster just waiting to get in!! 6.gif

Tom

Very nice. I like the color on the walls and the rug in the seating area...nice touch over just plain wall to wall carpet. Glad to see you went the in-wall rack route. I got you PM about my rack pictures and actually got them taken...just never found the time to send them to you or post them here. Sorry about that, but looks like you did just fine without me.

Again, nice job!

----------------

On 3/31/2005 2:41:22 PM Myhamish wrote:

That's a stellar setup you have, Northshore. How do you find the slanted ceilings as compared to a boxed shaped room? I have a similar room in shape and size in the attic and find a big difference. Congratulations. Hamish

----------------

Thanks, Acoustically I feel that I get better sound diffusion with the slant ceilings. I had my sound guy liken it to the famous amphitheater in Sydney with similar angles just in a different position.