F.S. ALK type A crossovers

For anyone interested I have a matched set of ALK networks for sale. Their numbers are: 146A & 146B. These where built by AL in January of 2004 and in perfect condition.

Asking $400 plus shipping

I can be reached at

mdbse2a3@cs.com

Please write ALK Crossover in subject line as I want open mail if I'm not sure who its from.

Thanks

mike1.gif

I bought my Khorns last November, and I'm still refinishing the cabinets. Therefore I still haven't even listened to them yet. Most forum members recommend listening to the stock crossovers before making any changes, but my crossovers really look like they're in bad shape...very rusted, missing a capacitor, and 29 years old. Besides, I was intending to buy some ALK's eventually...why not now? Your price is very reasonable........

I'll be happy to help you finance your latest acquisition. "Baby needs a new pair of shoes."

I've sent you an e-mail.

Yep, I hear you man. If I didn't already have La Scalas to listen to while I'm restoring my Khorns, I'd be going crazy.

Hmmm, here's a thought, what if I put the ALK's in the La Scalas just to hear what that would be like? And what if I like it so much that I can't bear the thought of changing back to the stock crossovers???

No...no...must...remain...strong...keep...working...on...the...Khorns 1.gif

I got 'em ! ! ! ! !

4 days after these ALK's were posted here on the forum, they arrived at my doorstep. Is this a record or what? ? ?

9.gif

For those of you who have been on-the-fence trying to decide whether or not to pull the trigger to place an order for a pair of ALK crossovers, I can now add my two cents and offer my first impression upon seeing these guys first hand.

"JOB WELL DONE ON THE COSMETICS AND CHOICE OF COMPONENTS AL KLAPPENBERGER".

The pictures on Al's web site and the forum do not do them justice. Nothing can quite prepare you for that moment when you first see the ALK's in person sitting next to a pair of 29 year old AA's. It's like comparing the "Jetson's" to the "Flintstone's" (Spacely Sprockets looks much better than the Rock Quarry). It seems a shame to hide these inside the HF cabinet. I am contemplating mounting them on top of my Khorns for all the world to see.

My hat is off to Mike for nudging me forward in my quest for audio utopia. Also, Mike has been a great person to correspond with during this transaction and he provided me with all of the original documentation and test results on these as well as shipping them on the same day I sent him the payment. Thanks, Mike 2.gif