Tube Ident ?

seti

Image attached

This tube is driving me crazy can't figure out who made it any ideas ? Second from the right brown base with white print.

Markings

It is a 6X5GT

CV574

KB/FE

Is there a good tube indentification site ?

post-15544-13819263968768_thumb.jpg

Oh cool! Thank you so much. I have been searching the web incesantly. That was one of 6 rectifiers I received with a George Wright preamp but I am currently using the Mullard EZ35. I don't think my ears are that tuned to tube rolling yet. I can tell extreme differences but not subtle ones.

Wow I noticed in your profile that you have a Canary preamp I have the CA-300 monoblocks. I almost bought the CA-301s.

----------------

On 4/4/2005 5:44:24 PM codhead wrote:

Hey SETI - bet you've got my other pair of CA-300's! Treasure those output tubes, cause they don't make the heavy ones like that anymore (and they don't sound as nice either).

----------------

LOL were they Canary Blue!

I guess the internet isn't that big after all : )

The CA-300's won't be leaving my possesion any time soon very happy with them. The only thing I have had to do is replace the 6SL7's that went out with some Sylvania military chrome domes. The george wright preamp was a good purchase as well but I need to order some 6SN7's soon hopefully next month. The JJ 300B's sound dreamy and the bass is much better than I expected. People told me the 300B was not great with bass but I guess I was fooled.

9.gif

The moth gear looks incredible but I want the nightlight.

I bought the Wright Pre based on recommendations from you and members of this forum everyone made it clear that the 6SN7 was the way to go. I am still saving up for a good CDP source hopefully an AH! 4000 and a subwoofer amp and crossover. This hobby turned out to be more expensive than I thought lol.

I downloaded Fuzz but do I need a proper mike to get a good reading? Looks interesting.

I really wish there was more tube gear locally as I would love to hear differnt tube systems. I met some local audiophiles the other night and we may start meeting soon to listen to gear but I am the only one with toobs.

How did that DIY project go you were working on?

I am actually borrowing a friends cdp so I would need transport and dac but I will keep an eye out on the AG site.

Do I really need a sub with the Belles maybe not : ) but the custom made sub is beautiful and was made to match the Belles. I heard it when I auditioned the Belles and I can honestly say on some passages I noticed when the sub was not in play not alot but enough to be interesting.

I have some good mics at work gonna have to bring one home to try out.

I have had really bad luck with electronics and ups or fedex. I almost hate to do it anymore. Good luck with FedEX perhaps you'll take to someone willing to help uhhh I mean good luck with the Welbournes... 10.gif