Klipsch Tangent speakers

D-Rex

How come nobody ever discusses the Klipsch Tangent series? I know I have seen some come up on EBAY but they are never priced very well and I have never seen a thread about them here. Reference, Heresy's, Cornwalls, etc., but never a discussion on the Tangent speakers. These were only built for one year, was there some problems with them?

Just curious,

D

There are 2 pairs of T400's on ebay right now. I've learned they have the exact same drivers as the Heresy II, but ported and different crossovers. Some of the other Tangents, like with 3 or 4 8" drivers seem kinda funky though.

Hi,

I had 2 pairs of T-40(?) and sold them to my sister when I upgraded. She is still very happy with the speakers. I was also happy.

They are a great introduction to horns and Klipsch and a favourable price.

You can do a lot worse than the tangent line. (Bo$e for example).

Doug

----------------

On 4/5/2005 11:04:24 AM Olorin wrote:

Talk about a thread going off on a tangent . . .

----------------

Yes, remind me not to ask kenratboy about his "Chorus" speakers, he might break out into a song... 4.gif9.gif

I just never see any discussions about Tangents so I really even wondered if they existed...

D

There was one last week, but it didn't live long. I think the Tangents just aren't that popular. The Epic series doesn't get much airtime either, but I'm sure they're nice speakers too.

Now you've got me wondering. If we talk about Quartets, do we have to stand by a barber pole and sing "My Wild Irish Rose?"

Is that the series with the D'appolito configuration, with the tweeter sandwiched between dual woofers? If so, that was a very popular theory at the time for HT speakers, seems like lots of manufacturers used it then it went away very quickly. Did it not work as promised or ??

Michael

----------------

On 4/5/2005 11:10:13 AM Olorin wrote:

There was one last week, but it didn't live long. I think the Tangents just aren't that popular. The Epic series doesn't get much airtime either, but I'm sure they're nice speakers too.

Now you've got me wondering. If we talk about Quartets, do we have to stand by a barber pole and sing "My Wild Irish Rose?"

----------------

My Wild Irish Rose?!? No, that would be Heresy! Singing the Eyes of Texas would be Heresy II! 3.gif

----------------

On 4/5/2005 11:13:33 AM colterphoto1 wrote:

Is that the series with the D'appolito configuration, with the tweeter sandwiched between dual woofers? If so, that was a very popular theory at the time for HT speakers, seems like lots of manufacturers used it then it went away very quickly. Did it not work as promised or ??

Michael

----------------

That is very interesting. The tweeter is still sandwiched inbetween the woofers on a center channel, but maybe that makes more sense...

colter, that's the one. I don't know why it was abandoned. Maybe it put the tweeter too low for floorstanders and people didn't want to put megapound speakers on stands? It's still the preferred config for center channels, but maybe it doesn't work so well for mains. I've never even heard an Epic, so I can only guess.