klf 20/rs25???

gotahavit1974

hello, this is my first time in any forum so let me know if i break all the rules. i have been a proud owner of klf 20's since 1998. i recently got the

denon avr3805 and i have a pair of rs25's on the way. the ceiling in my

home theater room is only 7' high.

my question is how high should i mount the rs25's? thanks for any help.

thanks steve. you say behind me. i was under the impression that they should be mounted to the left and right of the seating. the "behind me" position works better for my room. do you have an oppinion on what the ideal distance would be between the speakers(rs25) and the seating?

gotahavit1974,

I believe in the ideal 5.1 sys the surounds will be behind the listening position.

In a 7.1 you will have two behind and two to the sides

in a 6.1 two to the sides and one behind.

I do believe there is alot of what do you like and what works best in your room.

Like Minn male said with the RS speakers if you mount them on the sides they will bounce off the back wall and if you mount them on the back wall they will bounce off the side walls. Thats why alot of people around here do not like them. They call them "sound sprayers". But I know alot of people that use them also. Most aplications I have seen them used is on the side walls in a 7.1 system.

Hope this helps, and again welcome to the forum.

Steve

from the klipsch owners manual for Reference Surround speakers:

The best locations for Klipsch Wide Dispersion Surround Technology surround speakers in a typical 5.1-channel system are on or against the walls to the sides of the seating area, anywhere from adjacent to the listening position to about 20 degrees behind.

http://www.klipsch.com/media/Products/Surrounds.pdf

page 2

see the diagram.... klipsch recommends side placement!.... back placement is only suggested as an "alternate placement"

1.gif

Welcome to the Forum gotahavit1974.

I use a pair of WDST RS-3's with my KLF-20's in my workout room and they sound great ( approx 1500 sq ft/10 ft ceiling)for music and HT as well.

What's great about the WDST speakers are that they can sound good at either position. In a previous thread I wrote this and it may be helpful to you:

"I have RB-75's in my Bedroom paired with RS-3's as surrounds. I am real pleased with the sound. The WDST's are on the side walls, in the corner, facing the head of the bed.

For watching movies in bed, this set up is perfect. For SACDS/DVD-A's which we listen to while we are moving about doing chores. We are on the other end of the room where one, of each of the RS-3's horns are pointed in our direction. Elton Rocks during laundry

A good sonic situation in THIS 5.1 set up, and where a WDST speaker works better. "

{edit: In my bedroom I also have the Denon 3805 and in the workout room I use the Denon 3803--Both killer machines IMHO10.gif