My grand plan is finally coming together:

kenratboy

For years, I have been wanting a kick6.gif home theater, with the new receiver and speakers, it is going to be ready (well, the audio!) in about a week.

To take a step back, I love movies, but have not seen as many as I would like (basically, I need to see all the 'big' movies from the last 30 years), so I am going to sign up for NetFlix and start watching. I don't want to buy zillions of DVD's I am going to watch once, so this will work well. For the price of one DVD, I can watch 6, 9, 12+ a month.

Not very exciting, but maybe you know where I am coming from. 9.gif

I have spent a LOT of money in the last 2 weeks (speakers and receiver), so this should hold me over for a bit.

Netflix is great when you get a "hankerin" to watch particular style of movies. A few months ago, I rented all the Stanley Kubric movies in a row. Also David Lynch, Terry Gilliam etc. etc. NFlix also do a good job of recomendations based on how you rate your movies. I have found some real GEM's that I would never have thought of renting.

Enjoy!!!

JM

----------------

On 4/7/2005 2:45:12 AM nicholtl wrote:

Nice to see another fellow young gun well on his way...

btw, is that a Krell amp in your avatar? If it is...you realize you're now bound to own a Krell amp one of these days...
----------------

Not a Krell, but a 'chip' avitar from the old forum. I saved it and it is here to stay. Been there for YEARS.

----------------

On 4/6/2005 9:24:25 PM kenratboy wrote:

I don't want to buy zillions of DVD's I am going to watch once, so this will work well. For the price of one DVD, I can watch 6, 9, 12+ a month.

----------------

I feel the same way. I own a total of one movie, and that one was a gift. Once I've seen them that's pretty much it. Sometimes I get a hankering to see something again a few years later but I can always rent it and still save money and space over buying it. Now concert DVD's are a different story, I love them and will watch them over and over.

Enjoy your new HT! And get your moneys worth.2.gif

----------------

On 4/7/2005 4:34:44 PM SteelerFan wrote:

Enjoy your new HT! And get your moneys worth.
2.gif

----------------

Thats why I want the NetFlix!

However, I was selling a lady a nice Denon/Boston 2-channel system for about $1500. Just thinking on my feet, I told her, "This stuff will last 15 years, EASY, that is about $100 a year. You tell me you love music and you listen for at least a few hours a day. Pretty good value if you ask me!"

Sold 2.gif

Ken: I can't tell you just how thrilled I am for you that your grand plan is finally coming to fruition. It wasn't until I was several years older than you when my first good system came together, so you are way ahead of where I was. Enjoy it my friend and if you take good care of it, it will last you for years! 2.gif