SpiderMan 3 - possible villain?

Joe Shmoe

Yeah...I kinda predicted Venom. After all, he is THE coolest villain in the Spiderman realm. I was just hoping they'd double-up on the badguys (which it seems they are, otherwise how else are they gonna out-do Spidey 1 and 2?) with Venom AND Carnage. Carnage is just flat out rad!

Doesn't look like Venom, according to the post right after the one you've linked. They're saying Sandman. Thomas Hayden Church doesn't seem beefy enough to be Sandman, though??? Plus, I don't know if the personality fits. Sandman was more of a ex-con Bruiser type. I guess it could work, though.

Man-Wolf is J. Jonah Jameson's son in the comics, he gets his powers while on the moon (we already know he's an astronaut). I can see them doing more than one villain per movie, now that people are more familiar with the characters.

I have no doubt that Venom will eventually make it to the big screen, but maybe not this movie. Besides, in the comics Venom came WAAAAAAY after a lot of other villains.

I thought for sure the next villain would be The Lizard, as we've already met his alter-ego in the movies, I won't say who the alter-ego is, though, for those who never read the comic. At any rate though, he wouldn't be played by Hayden Church.

We should be seeing Vulture, he was one of the first villains Spider-Man fought, but he is an old man, although he did have a time where he was younger. Thomas Hayden Church would make a good, young Vulture.

The villain that came to mind for me right away when I first heard about Thomas Hayden Church was the Jackal. Secondly, I thought of Electro. I could see him as either character. But now this Sandman thing has me wondering...