New SS-1 placement

dallenwake

I just purchased a pair of the SS-1 and i don't know how to place them on my wall. the couch is placed against the back wall and i only have one side wall to the left of the couch. would it sound good if i placed the left speaker on the side wall and the right speaker on the back wall or should i place both speakers on the back wall.

If you can, you should try to move your couch away from the wall. I know that's not always possible, but having your seating area directly against a wall is not the best placement.

If you must have the couch against the wall, I'd be concerned about the sound projecting over your ears if you mount them speakers on the rear wall above your head. The SS-1s have a 60 degree dispersion angle, and I'd bet most of the sound would go right over your head while sitting on the couch.

Consider mounting them on the ceiling, firing down at you. I did that with SS-1s in a room where, like you, I had my couch against the rear wall and no good side wall placement for them. Just be sure and secure them well - I used 3" screws into the ceiling joists, put them on the built-in brackets in the speakers, then screwed a little rubber bumper into the ceiling along the side of the speaker to keep it from unlocking itself from the mounting brackets.