hereys's are boss

sberger

i've been living with my '79 heresy's now for a few days. i'm running a nad c370 ss amp with a bottlehead tube foreplay pre, and a mostly, fairly expensive vinyl rig. i've heard the complaints about the heresy with a ss amp, but i'm here to tell you these speakers are absolutley terrific. i don't know if it's because of synergy, because of how they make me remember my 70's systems,because im using vinyl, but i have none of the harshness that i've heard exists when you use ss with vintage klipsch. now of course ive heard how great tubes can sound with efficient speakers, and went ahead and bought a decware taboo amp(6 wpc) to try out. really looking foward to it. but the message here is that i believe a good pair of heresy's can sing with any decent system.

love these things...

----------------

On 4/14/2005 8:47:11 PM Daddy Dee wrote:

Your system lineup sounds like a winner to me. Those Heresy's really are impressive little rascals.

----------------

thanks. i'm using a vpi scoutmaster turntable, sumiko celebration cart and a dynavctor p75 phono pre. as i said, the nad c370 with the foreplay sounds terrific to me, and the heresy's have really opened up the last few days. i'm not sure , but they may have been dormant for a long time before i got them,so it's almost like they're being broken in again. i'll be very interested in seeing what a low output tube amp can do with these mighty efficient speakers. but i'm shocked at how transparent they are right now. i gotta believe that if one can lay their hands on a pair of 70's/80's heresy's for 3-400 bucks, you will not be sorry. a true giant killer.

i used to use a hafler dh-220 with my '79 heresies, and i thought that sounded great! then i moved up to a nakamichi stasis amp, and that combo was fantastic.. now i run my cornwall 2s with the stasis amp and an acurus preamp... People who visit my home are absolutely floored by the sound quality.

im a firm beleiver in SS electronics with heritage klipsch...

----------------

On 4/14/2005 7:55:40 PM sberger wrote:

i've been living with my '79 heresy's now for a few days. i'm running a nad c370 ss amp with a bottlehead tube foreplay pre, and a mostly, fairly expensive vinyl rig. i've heard the complaints about the heresy with a ss amp, but i'm here to tell you these speakers are absolutley terrific. i don't know if it's because of synergy, because of how they make me remember my 70's systems,because im using vinyl, but i have none of the harshness that i've heard exists when you use ss with vintage klipsch. now of course ive heard how great tubes can sound with efficient speakers, and went ahead and bought a decware taboo amp(6 wpc) to try out. really looking foward to it. but the message here is that i believe a good pair of heresy's can sing with any decent system.

love these things...

----------------

Thats good news... The NADs tend to be a warmer amp than most others, and maybe thats why people tend to like them with Klipsch. I bet the taboo will sound fantastic. It sure is cool looking with the hardwood base.

Now that Ive compared my NAD amp to my Dynaco, im not impressed by it, but it could be because I have relatively inefficient speakers.

Congrats on the new amp. Please post a comparison review after you get to listen to it for a while.