Speaker connection ?

GeoMan

I've come across an old Scott receiver that has RCA jacks for the 'B' speakers. The 'A' speaker connection are the normal + and - for each speaker cable. The 'B' has only L and R jacks for 1 pair of speakers. Is it OK to connect the + and - from the speaker cable a regular RCA plug? I would think this would cause a problem as the pos and neg come in contact. Is there anyway to to this?

Thanks in advance

I've seen some units where RCA's are used to connect speakers to the amp. One is old. The other is a budget, plastic stack from a discount store.

I've not seen them used as you describe where there is a normal set of screw down connection for the mains. That means nothing though.

There should not be a problem. I don't quite understand the comment that the connections come together. The sleeve of the RCA is chassis ground and the pin is "hot" or plus. The minus of the screw connection is almost always chassis ground.

I've seen "speaker wire" at Radio Shack which you could use. It is RCA at one end (the amp) and spade connections (to speaker) at the other. It may be thinner wire than you want, but it does validate the approach.

Gil