Some kind of monster

michael hurd

If you are a Metallica fan at all, you owe it to yourself to see this documentary, that goes behind the scenes and in depth of the rocky relationship of Lars, James and, Kirk. Also, the period of rehabilitation for James, during the recording of St. Anger, is covered.

The movie captures the side of the industry that is normally not shown, all the bickering and in-fighting, drug and alcohol abuse. Some enlightening comments from James Hetfield, on the realization of his fears, and reflection upon the past.

I must say that this is a definate must see - although mature themed, not suitable for youngsters.

Yes I liked this film. I like how we got to see the real people in the band not the staged stuff. But i must say I was shocked to see them show their selfs in their weekest moments. This film will lose alot of fans and gain new ones as well. Just like every bridge metallica ever crossed.

yea... Alan, "St. Anger" the album featured in the film did kind of bomb. It was a pretty drastic change for Metallica music. Other than the music, the film was pretty good... as I said in an earlier thread on this topic, I thought for sure Dave Mustaine was going to start crying lol... pretty pathetic on his part I thought.