The United States of Leland

ygmn

Sundance movie...bought used on DVD....$5...

Well worth the price...

Character type movie...no action no soundeffects...

Family tragedy movie...

Spacey is very good in this playing a jerk of a father...

others acted well too....

This is not mainstream movie...and can be depressing....but very captivating...at the end...all I could mutter was "wow....what a movie"

It is a relatively good movie, only at times, there is simply too much talking. And that's saying a lot, since I'm a filmmaker and indie film lover. Moments that could've been silent, aka "more is less," were instead overly verbose in an attempt to milk emotion out of a scene. Overall, worth watching if you're into art films, but not at all for showing off your system (as YGMN already said).

Wonderful cast, though. Don Cheadle, Kevin Spacey, Lena Olin, Ryan Gosling...

----------------

On 4/18/2005 11:56:10 AM nicholtl wrote:

It is a relatively good movie, only at times, there is simply
too much talking
. And that's saying a lot, since I'm a filmmaker and indie film lover. Moments that could've been silent, aka "more is less," were instead overly verbose in an attempt to milk emotion out of a scene. Overall, worth watching if you're into art films, but not at all for showing off your system (as YGMN already said).

Wonderful cast, though. Don Cheadle, Kevin Spacey, Lena Olin, Ryan Gosling...
----------------

nicholt-I haven't seen that movie but got a chuckle out of the section of your post highlighted above. It reminds me of that line in "Amadeus" where the composer criticizes Amadeus work by saying, "too many notes." That's a pretty good flick too, by the way...

David